HOW TO APPLY
Admission to the Conservatory’s Summer Intensive Program is by audition only. While a live audition is highly preferred, those applicants unable to attend any scheduled audition may submit a Video Audition in its place.
The application process below is mandatory for all applicants (including previous participants and Video Audition submissions) in order to be considered for our programs. Please make every effort to complete your application at least 48 hours before the scheduled audition you would like to attend.
- Prepare Application Materials:
- Recent Headshot (this does not need to be professional quality so long as dancer’s face is clearly shown and recognizable─ JPG format)
- Letter of Intent (1-page describing your artistic goals and interests─ PDF format only)
- Resume (list your dance training, teachers, choreography studied, and performance experience─ PDF format only)
- Request application by clicking the button above. Link to application will be provided immediately upon submitting the request form.
- Fill out and submit the application.
- VIDEO AUDITIONS: Please be sure to include a link to Vimeo or Youtube with your video audition in the space provided.
- Please print a hard copy of your headshot and Pages 1-2 ONLY of your submitted application. Once your application is submitted, you will receive an email confirmation from forms-receipts-noreply[at]google.com. The body of that email contains a summary of your responses. Please be sure to print Pages 1-2 of that summary, stapled together with a recent headshot (no photo paper please), to bring with you to your scheduled audition.
- Submit your $35 Audition Fee. Payment Options:
- Pay with Credit Card online HERE. Select "Sign Up Now" for the scheduled audition you would like to attend.
- Bring cash or check with you to the Audition─ Checks should be made payable to “SF Conservatory of Dance” with the applicant’s name clearly written on the memo line.
- VIDEO AUDITIONS can submit payment online HERE.
For more information or if you have any difficulty with our online application system, please be in touch as soon as possible.
VIDEO AUDITION REQUIREMENTS
Summer Intensive Applicants unable to attend an in-person audition may submit a video audition. All Video Auditions must be received by Friday, March 16th. Year-Round applicants must audition in-person.
Accepted format: link to Vimeo or Youtube
Duration: no more than 10 minutes
- A spoken introduction by the dancer
- Demonstrate 4 exercises at the barre
- 5 minutes of center work through Grande Allegro accompanied by music
- Any recent performance footage, or solo work in the classroom, in which the dancer is clearly shown